Certified Data Product Manager
Data Product Management
Early in my career, I wasted months trying to learn more data skills to break into a data product role. Despite all of my efforts, I was completely lost because:
- I lacked a formal background in computer science or software engineering.
- The courses and bootcamps offered in the tech industry were either too technical and jargon-filled or lacked sufficient depth and breadth.
- I wasn’t confident that learning how to code and building a career as a data scientist or ML engineering was right for me. Instead, I loved the cross-functional skills that came with data product management.
- I didn't have insider tips nor the right technical resources on how to stand out as a candidate in Data PM interviews
To become more data-centric, I went down the rabbit hole to understand what it takes to build successful data products from the inside out. I interviewed thought leaders within the industry. I learned the behaviors and habits of successful data product managers. Empowered with this knowledge, I received many job interviews at top-tier companies and startups.
Within 5 years, I went from a complete newbie to an award-winning Data Product Manage to a Data Science Bootcamp Instructor at a Top Public University.
I created the Data Product Manager course so that no one else had to go through the painful experience that I went through to become more data-centric and land my first product manager role.
Data Product Manager was created for aspiring data product managers or people who want to learn data skills. In this course, I teach: fundamentals of data product management, how to create high-performing data products, how to answer data product manager interview questions, and how to stand out in the recruiting process to land a data product job.
We’ve already soft-launched this course to 30 beta students (selected from over 300 closed applications) who have given rave reviews and helped us improve the course with brand new content.
"To be successful as a product manager, you need to learn fundamental data skills. Over my career, I’ve helped hundreds of people become more data-savvy and break into product management. I’ve compiled everything I’ve learned into this Data Product Management Certification course to put you on the fast track towards success using data as a competitive advantage."
"Capstone project is truly the best part of this program. Putting the theory to practice is the best way to master this material. It was nice to see several examples!" - 5/5 stars
- Lieven S., Data Product Manager at a Non-Profit Org
"If you think that you’re stuck in your Product Management career or that you need another challenge for your professional development, the Data Product Management course at Product Manager HQ should be your choice. Not only does it help you to understand the basics and give an overview of both the qualitative and quantitative data, but it also provides you with all the mandatory information and skills to start your data-driven journey. Data should always be a strong point for Product Managers at any level, and this course will get you there." -
Bahadir E., Head of Product, Marketplace Platform
"The Data PM program teaches new things, even to seasoned PMs."
- S Jain., Director of Product, Management Consulting Firm.
“Dhaval is quite passionate about the product. When conveying the content he’s very eloquent and articulated. It’s obvious he’s a master of his craft.
- Priscila W., Senior Product Manager, Fintech.
What are you going to get from this course?
- Over 100+ lectures, 15+ hours of content, 10+ downloadable Data PM templates, and exclusive interviews (more added over time) with data product managers in the industry!
Learn key fundamentals of being a more data PM, how to accel at data product manager interviews, and how to stand out as a more data-centric candidate to land the job including topics like:
- How to develop a defensible metrics strategy? We cover 4+ frameworks on Metrics strategy so you can choose the one that fits your organizational culture.
- Aligning Customer Journey with Product Analytics
- Product Analytics Stack
- Data-Inspired Market Research
- Conjoint-Analysis, Cluster Analysis
- 7 Types of Product Segmentation You Will Need for Success of Your Product!
- Qualitative Data and Research
- Introduction SQL
- Statistics with SQL. You will learn the foundational statistics you need as a Data PM!
- Data Modeling for your product
- How to design data visualization: Principles and Tactics!
- How to align your business model to product metrics
- Experimentation Science and Tactics (templates included)
- Data PM Use Cases: Cluster Analysis, Cohort-Analysis, Retention Analysis, Data Flywheels
- Data Platform Product Management (both business and technical aspects!)
- Advanced-Data Product Management Topics: Data Engineering, ETL, Data Pipeline, Data Architecture Principles.
- Frameworks for answering the most popular product manager interview questions
- Crafting your resume to optimize landing interviews
- Creating your own product manager case studies to stand out as a candidate
- Exclusive interviews with current product managers including insider tips on breaking into product management, popular questions they like to ask candidates during interviews, and their recommendations on standing out in the recruiting process
- Apply fundamentals learned from this course to your own Data project every day!
- Access to downloadable templates used by actual Data Product Managers on the job!
- Learn the process of answering the most popular Data PM interview questions in order to stand out as a TPM candidate!
- Earn a certificate of completion upon finishing the course
- Access to the world's first and largest Product Manager Slack community where you can meet, chat with, and learn from over 9,000+ product people around the globe. The community also features the world's top product leaders like Ken Norton (Product Partner, Google Ventures), Punit Soni (Chief Product Officer of Flipkart & Advisor to Google), Josh Elman (Partner at Greylock Partners), Ellen Chisa (VP of Product at Lola), Brandon Chu (Senior Product Manager at Shopify), Lulu Cheng (Product Manager at Pinterest), Jess Lee (Former CEO of Polyvore), Nir Eyal (Author of Hooked), and others in our community for regular Q&A sessions.
- I have been 100% committed to adding more BONUS course content and interviews with Data Product Leaders over time (I love all things product and highly enjoy adding content!) and you'll get FREE LIFETIME ACCESS to all future content!
Primary Instructor: Dhaval Bhatt is a Product Management Leader who has spent 16 years as an engineer, founder, and product management leader. He previously founded an artificial intelligence company that won the IBM Global Entrepreneur Award, Google Spark Award, NVIDIA AI Inception Award, Strata-Hadoop Featured Data Startup, and Orielly Intel Featured AI startup before being acquired by the Berkeley Data Science Group. He’s been a Sr. Product Owner for Data and Growth / Acquisition at Lifelock and he’s currently a Product Management Leader for Artificial Intelligence at Wells Fargo. He’s also an Instructor at UC Berkeley leading their immersive Data Science program.
Contributing Instructor: Kevin Lee is a contributing instructor to Product Manager Program. He was previously a Product Manager at AltSchool and a Sr. Product Manager at Kabam.
StartData PM Role, Skills, and Traits (14:52)
StartTypes of Data Products (4:42)
StartData-Driven Product Management (10:40)
StartCapstone Part 1 - Develop Your Capstone (3:17)
StartHow to Choose Capstone (10:42)
StartNext Steps for Your Capstone
StartAssignment Board Access (1:15)
StartMaking Your Assignments Accessible (0:52)
This course has no prerequisites and you do not need a data or technical background
- You should NOT take this course if:
- You are already an experienced data product manager
- You aren't willing to spend 30 minutes to 1 hour every day for only 3 weeks to complete course content and work on your PM project
- You SHOULD take this course if:
- You are curious about data product management and want to learn more about the role and responsibilities
- You have no prior experience and you want to transition into a Data Product Management role
- You are trying to determine if the Data PM role is right for you
- You are beginning your career in tech or are making a career change
Get started now!
Sample Course Video Screenshots: